Friday, May 1, 2009

On the wish list ...


I found this beautiful blouse at Couture et Tricot ... I love the sleeve detail on a plain traditional classic blouse. Here is her re-creation of it. I like the shiny pink!
Here's the technical line drawing of it.

Figured that it would be fairly easy to re-create using a plain shirt pattern, and just take the sleeves straight down from the armhole. Would be low fuss for wearing, and because the ruffle detail can be smoothed down, ironing wouldn't be a problem. Next challenge is to get the right sort of fabric. I can envisage it in a crisp cotton, but then, I can see all blouses in a crisp cotton! Was thinking white (as always), maybe with a slight self pattern to it ...

Hmmmm ... will think on it for a bit, but I can see it being added into my work wardrobe!

Time for bed ...
Mrs R




No comments: