Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday!


Dietes flowering out the front garden ... they are just beautiful.

I had a day work booked, but they cancelled yesterday, so I re-thought my plans, and decided to be a sloth at home. That worked until 7.40am, when I got a phone call asking if I could do a day's work. Printed out a map of how to get there, jumped in the shower, put my face on and out the door I went. This is a new school, and the office was just lovely. Really nice people, normal and down to earth. Did some bits and pieces here and there, learnt some new things, did an on-line course (discovered by accident) and generally earnt my money.


Came home and made up a big pot pasta bake sauce. Lots of diced bacon and hidden (food processed) vegetables. Will be enough for tonight, one for the freezer, and hopefully a lunch or two.
Here's a picture of a pie I made recently. It's officially a chicken, leek & mushroom pie, but I made it with chicken, bacon & onion. Either way, was delicious! Made one for dinner, one for the freezer, which is my current plan for filling the freezer. That, and buying marked down meat & bread.
Still trying to sort out the columns in my budget spreadsheet. I'm trying to simplify, but it is a bit tough, as I like to have money popped away for every contingency (and then some!). Big pay tomorrow, as I get paid out for holidays etc due to my contract finishing. Then, there is summer holidays coming, where I get NO pay at all, so it's a bit of a balancing act. As TBM says somewhat sarcastically "here comes Poor People Budget". LMS doesn't care providing her lifestyle doesn't change in the least! Nothing shallow about her!!
Had my first day of work experience yesterday. Definately not what I imagined. Spent the morning sorting out scrapbooking supplies. The scrapbooking supplies are for craft & self worth type activities with various kids in the school at various times. The aim was to get them away so that they could be brought out as needed. So, lots of sorting, categorising and labelling. I sat in on a lunchtime meeting which was a real eyeopener (District Council for Chaplaincy). So much goes on behind the scenes, agonising, red tape etc etc, and you only see the end product, without knowing how hard fought that end decision/project has been. After that, I was back in the Chaplain's office tidying, organising and generally 'making nice'. She's such a busy lady, never stopping, and doesn't get the time to make things orderly. The good thing about the day was that I was observing her role in the school as well as being busy. Win/Win I think!!


Anyways, time to go serve up dinner.


Smiles, Mrs R

No comments: