Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finally!

Batteries are in camera, and here are the pictures ...

This is a wheat pack I made for my sister-in-law. I'm really happy with how this turned out. I have since stitched the opening closed, the pin has been removed!


Yep, there is a bit of a theme happening here ... they seem to be made from the same fabric - well, that's what happens when you craft, you use everything up!


This is a teacup purse ... found the link - it will open in Babel Fish as it was originally posted in French.




And finally, the apron ...


I had this one ready to handstitch, but after looking at it, decided that the machine could do it! So, threaded my sewing machine up with the machine embroidery thread and did a passable job on the applique. I had fun, and it was very productive, done in an evening! I think the friend it will be gifted to will laugh!





And a close-up of the embroidery! I loved the idea of buttons for berries ... very clever!





Well, that's it for the minute, will post the last apron when I have finally finished it. I need to buy some brown embroidery floss for the angel's hair, and figure out how to do the face ... the instructions say use a permanent marker, but I'm sure I could do something easy with needle and black thread!

Mrs R



No comments: