Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby Whites

Happy Husband asked last night if I had some wadding. Hmmm ... there's a question! Turns out one of the men from the cricket club has just become a father and there was talk about giving the baby a cricket related question. So ... I was asked if I'd make cricket pads for a baby!

Gulp ...

OK then ...

HH got out a set for me to copy, and I firstly drafted a 1/5th size, which was too small, so we settled on 1/3 size. So, here are the pictures ...


The pads are made using rip-stop nylon and fusible batting. The leg guards have a layer of pelmet interfacing in the centre to give the pads form and some stability. The abdo guard (box) is made from pelmet interfacing and wadding around the edges.

All in all, this was a very fun project!!

Smiles, Mrs R

No comments: