Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Exciting Tuesday

Came home after a fun filled morning which included many cups of tea, lots of children, swimming for TBM (with children of different ages from 2 - 7) and the Cricket & Football Shop, then home via the op-shop!

In my letter box was a wonderful surprise. My first Enid Gilchrist (via e-bay) has arrived. The seller went above and beyond the expected, and enclosed another Enid magazine which was in 'very loved' condition (aka tatty), as she thought I might be able to use it. Can I ever!!! And as even more of a gem, there are some ripped out magazine pages from New Idea magazines, dated 1957/58, when Enid used to do a Sewing Page ... absolutely priceless!!

So, my count is now up to 5 Enids ... and 2 more coming!! Yahoooooo ... just have to check down the post office for whatever they are hiding down there.



At the op-shop, I picked up 2 more old Handmade Magazines, and another stitchery publication. Was a bit expensive today - $5!! However, it's all towards a good cause - making me happy!!

Home for another half hour, then off to cricket training, via the golf shop (TBM) and the fabric shop (me). LMS is having a wonderful time up in the city with my sister & her brood. She's sleeping over and helping out with swimming lessons, and generally just loving life!

Smiles, Mrs R







3 comments:

Tracy said...

Excellent ebaying :) I find Enids on Oztion too and they trnd to be cheaper there. http://www.oztion.com.au/buy/auctions.aspx?cat=0&keyword=enid+gilchrist

Tracy said...

Excellent ebaying :) I find Enids on Oztion too and they tend to be cheaper there. http://www.oztion.com.au/buy/auctions.aspx?cat=0&keyword=enid+gilchrist

Whimsy and Wonder said...

Thanks Tracy, I really appreciate that link ... I have to stop buying now, there is collecting, and there is obsession ... plus, I really don't have any 'little people' to sew for.

Grin ...