Monday, April 14, 2008

Sewing Room

Thought I'd show you around my sewing corner ... I've done some tidying up which is still a work in progress. To the right which is all my machines, I have a Janome 625E, a Brother overlocker and my new baby, a Janome 350E, I actually have one more sewing machine that isn't shown, but that's a whole different post!

To the left ...


Top drawer of my rolling cart (newly neatened!) ... my scissors are AWOL at present, must find them an put them away. The shears definately need sharpening, that's a job to be done THIS WEEK!

Second drawer (again, newly tidied). See my lovely 'clapper' ... my dad made it for me. I went to a class and was shown how to use them and they were selling them for $35 each. I traced around one, and showed my father, who whipped it up out of some spare wood he had. It is wonderful. The bits of wood next to it are seam allowance measures that dad cut for me. They are 1cm, 1.5cm and 2.5cm so that when I'm pattern cutting, I can just lay them on the line and rule, and I'll get a perfect seam allowance without having to dot dot dot rule ... much easier!



Feeling quite positive about getting in and actually organising the rest of the sewing stuff!

Mrs R.

1 comment:

J-ME said...

Jen, I love your sewing area. It looks so professional!